It's back to the crystal ball to work out how the Super Rugby playoffs would play out if the season ended today:
Chiefs (Seed 1) vs Bulls (Seed 8)
Stormers (Seed 2) vs Highlanders (Seed 7)
Lions (Seed 3) vs Hurricanes (Seed 6)
Rebels (Seed 4) vs Crusaders (Seed 5)
- The Chiefs remain top seed and are still locked in to face the Bulls, a team with the same amount of defeats as the Chiefs (just one from seven games).
- The Crusaders have the second most points in the competition, which will earn them a trip to face the Australian Conference winner at the moment (which is pretty much a first round bye).
- With that loss to the Crusaders, the Brumbies go from hosting a quarter-final to sitting outside of the playoffs.
- The Highlanders currently sit in the seventh seed spot and lost ground to the Hurricanes and Crusaders in the weekend. But their next three clashes are against the Brumbies, Chiefs and Crusaders. Three huge games in terms of their fate.
- Australia's Conference leaders the Rebels head to face the NZ Conference's worst side the Blues on Friday night. The Blues are $1.35 favourites.