March 14, 2009. Yes, that's a date which lives on in history, being the last time the mighty Warriors won a first round NRL match. A win over the Parramatta Eels at Mt Smart Stadium gave them a flying start to that season.
Can it really be so long ago that our much loved league team got off to happy kickoff? Yes it can.
So here's a little brain teaser - what was going on around then, and what has happened since.
1) The All Blacks have been very busy, winning 82 matches. And oh yes, they've also won a couple of World Cups.
2) Australia has had five different Prime Ministers and one of them, Kevin Rudd, has managed to hold the position twice.
3) The retrial of David Bain began a few days before that glorious night at Mt Smart.
4) "It's making me crazy, I feel so alone..." Remember that? Brother, by the Kiwi rappers Smashproof and featuring Gin Wigmore, was about to top the music charts.
5) Marley and Me -a Hollywood movie featuring a dog with no boundaries - had just been released here and was flying high. Brain teaser - what breed was Marley? Answer: Labrador Retriever.
6) Fast & Furious (aka Fast and the Furious 4) was released in cinemas two weeks later. There have been three other Fast and the Furious movies made since.
7) Apple announced the iPhone 3GS three months after that round one win. Six versions of the iPhone have been released since.
8) Steve Price was in his final year as Warriors captain (and his great career would come to a messy end the next season).
Warriors' 1st round record:
2009 - Won 26-18 Eels (home)
2010 - Lost 18-24 Titans (away)
2011 - Lost 24-18 Eels (home)
2012 - Lost 26-20 Sea Eagles (home)
2013 - Lost 40-10 Eels (away)
2014 - Lost 36-16 Eels (away)
2015 - Lost 24-14 Knights (away)
2016 - Lost 34-26 Tigers (away)