NSW will have their final run-out before tomorrow's State of Origin opener at Suncorp Stadium with skipper Paul Gallen insisting his side are primed to upset Queensland in their own backyard.
The Blues haven't beaten the Maroons in a live game in Brisbane since their last series success in 2005.
Although they tasted victory in 2007 and 2009, both matches occurred with Mal Meninga's side already leading the series 2-0.
Gallen is very much public enemy No.1 north of the Tweed and admits he doesn't even go on holiday to the sunshine state any more following his punch to the face of Queensland forward Nate Myles in game one last year.
He infuriated the locals further by claiming, with his tongue firmly inserted in his cheek, that they had two heads, something that rattled the cage of Queensland icon Wally Lewis.
However, one thing the Cronulla skipper agrees with Lewis, who was scathing in his assessment of the Blues on Monday, is that he would much rather be in Queensland's shoes with eight series wins behind them.
"I can't disagree with him there," Gallen said.
"I've never won an Origin series, but only really became part of the team properly in 2010, my appearances before where more here and there.
"But this team is so well prepared that we believe we have a real chance."
The selection of rookie halves Trent Hodkinson and Josh Reynolds has been the source of great scrutiny in both states, but Gallen believes they won't carry the baggage of previous losses.
"They are inexperienced, but they also don't have any mental scars of previous series," he said, ahead of the Blues' last run-out on Tuesday morning.
"I've been impressed by them in training and looking forward to seeing how they go on Wednesday."
Gallen said he and Myles have moved on from their infamous blow-up that led to the NRL banning striking, but is frustrated at how often it is brought up.
"Me and Nate are fine," he said. "There have been lots of fights in Origin but that is the one that always gets brought up."