World No 14 Italian Roberta Vinci will be top seed for the Women's international tennis Classic in Auckland.
Vinci was revealed as the highest ranked player when the full field was released today for the ASB Classic, running from Dec 30 to January 4.
Former Grand Slam champion Anna Ivanovic will be second seed while Belgian Kirsten Flipkens (world No 20) and Romania's Sorana Cirstea (world No 22) round out the top four seeds.
The field includes two former world number one players, one former Classic champion and seven players who have been ranked inside the world top 30.
Vinci is also world no 1 doubles player and will add class to that side of the tournament.
The cut off for entries this year was No 71, seven places higher than last year's cutoff, which is an encouraging sign in a weak when the Classic clashes with three other tournaments.
1) Roberta Vinci (Italy - world No 14)
2) Anna Ivanovic (Serbia - world No 16)
3) Kirsten Flipkens (Belgium - world No 20)
4 )Sorana Cirstea (Romania - world No 22)
5) Elena Vesnina (Russia - world No 25)
5) Jamie Hampton (US - world No 28)
7) Lucie Safarova (Czech Republic - world No 29)
8) Mona Barthel (Germany - world No 38)