In a bid to avoid further scrutiny ahead of next week's State of Origin opener, Ben Te'o and Darius Boyd have been shielded from reporters at the Queensland team media session on the Sunshine Coast on Wednesday.
Maroons officials issued a directive to the media that Te'o would not be available for interviews while the NRL integrity panel investigates assault allegations levelled at him by a Brisbane woman.
Officials insisted Boyd could not remain at the media session following the team photograph due to ongoing treatment for his injured ankle.
The Newcastle winger has been given until Friday to prove his fitness.
However, Boyd was also expected to be interviewed by the integrity panel over last month's alleged incident.
Boyd and Broncos fullback Corey Norman were allegedly in the Brisbane house on the day the women claimed she had been assaulted.
Te'o was grilled for hours by the integrity unit last Thursday over allegations by the woman that he punched her in the face, fracturing her eye socket.
In another potential distraction for the Queensland team ahead of the Origin series, the woman had indicated she would go to police this week and press charges.
Te'o and Boyd posed for the official squad photograph at the team's camp at Coolum before being whisked away by Maroons staff.
"I think they've had enough media scrutiny to last them a lifetime, particularly one of them,'' Queensland coach Mal Meninga.
"We will wait and see what happens when we get all the facts and we will act accordingly.''
Meninga said he would abide by any sanction on Te'o with Canberra enforcer Josh Papalii on standby for the South Sydney backrower in an extended Queensland squad.
Queensland captain Cameron Smith did not believe the investigation would be a distraction but said the squad would support Te'o throughout it.
Queensland fly out on Sunday for Sydney ahead of next Wednesday's Origin opener.