New Zealand Cricket today announced the 14-player squad for the third Test of The National Bank Series against South Africa beginning in Wellington on Friday 23 March.
There have been two changes to the previous squad with Daniel Flynn and Dean Brownlie coming in while Rob Nicol and Brent Arnel have missed out on selection.
National Selection Manager Kim Littlejohn said "Daniel Flynn is having a very successful Plunket Shield with the bat for Northern and is likely to join Martin Guptill at the top of the order. He was part of the team in late 2009 and we are sure he will make the most of his opportunity to again represent his country.
"We are mindful that Dean Brownlie is only just making a return to competitive cricket following injury and will keep a close eye on his progress. Although he has been included in the squad, his selection for the Test will largely depend on how he pulls through the match for Canterbury."
Littlejohn said it was disappointing for Nicol and Arnel, but they had not managed to cement their place in the squad. Emphasising that both players will benefit from a return to domestic cricket where they can put performances on the board.
"We are sure they will do this and will be very much in contention for selection on the upcoming tour to the West Indies."
Black Caps squad
* Ross Taylor (c) - Central Stags
* Trent Boult - Northern Knights
* Doug Bracewell - Central Stags
* Dean Brownlie - Canterbury Wizards
* Andrew Ellis - Canterbury Wizards
* Daniel Flynn - Northern Knights
* Mark Gillespie - Wellington Firebirds
* Martin Guptill - Auckland Aces
* Chris Martin - Auckland Aces
* Brendon McCullum - Otago Volts
* Tarun Nethula - Central Stags
* Kruger van Wyk - Central Stags
* Daniel Vettori - Northern Knights
* Kane Williamson - Northern Knights
The squad will assemble in Wellington on Tuesday 20 March.