A carelessly discarded cigarette is a possible cause of a small fire on Old Te Ngae Rd this afternoon.

Emergency services are currently at the scene of the fire near St Michael's Rugby and Sports Club, opposite Countdown.

Rotorua Daily Post reporter Kyra Dawson, who is at the scene, said the grass and shrubbery fire was about 10 sq m.

The fire is now under control.

Advertisement

Rotorua Fire Brigade station officer Geoff Carter said people needed to be aware of the dry conditions when smoking.

Related articles:

ROTORUA DAILY POST
26 Jan, 2016 8:28am
3 minutes to read