There is an official public health alert for people who ate at an Auckland McDonald's restaurant shortly before Christmas.
Anyone who had food from McDonald's Greenlane late on the December 15 could have been exposed to Hepatitis A.
Medical Officer of Health Dr Greg Simmons said a food handler was in the most infectious stage of the virus during a shift from 7pm to 2am on that night.
He said that as the food is made with bare hands, it could have easily been transmitted.
Dr Simmons said anyone who ate food from the restaurant during that time would only just be beginning to show symptoms of tiredness, nausea, and yellowing of the skin and eyes if they were infected.
He said there is no ongoing risk at the restaurant.
- NEWSTALK ZB