"If you were a burger at McDonald's you'd be the McGorgeous." That's the country's favourite pick-up line, according to an online dating site calling for the best lines to break the ice.
Online meeting forum, findsomeone.co.nz, is carrying out the competition, asking Kiwis to enter and vote for their favourite lines, with $1000 going to the winner.
Here are the top ten on the eve of Valentine's Day:
1. "If you were a burger at McDonald's you'd be the McGorgeous."
2. "Wow! You're so hot when I look at you I get a tan."
3. "Are you sure you're from Christchurch? I can't see any faults."
4. "Was that an earthquake or did you just rock my world?"
5. "You must be tired, you've been running through my mind all day."
6. "Hi, I'm Amber, but you can call me tonight."
7. "I cook better than I play tennis."
8. "So you're in IT? When can I check out your hardware?"
9. "Let's make like fabric softener and get cuddly."
10. "Hi, my name is Doug, that's God spelt backwards with a little bit of U in it."
Have you ever used a pick-up line? Got any favourites? Reveal them in the comments below.
- HERALD ONLINE