• 350g puff pastry
• ¼ cup herb pesto
• 4 medium-sized courgettes, cut
• thinly lengthways
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• ¼ cup olive oil
• ½ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
• ¼ cup green olives, finely chopped
•1 Tbsp basil leaves, shredded
• 1 clove garlic
• juice of lemon
• cup olive oil
• 2 cups fresh herbs
• ¼ roasted pine nuts
• ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• ½ cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Roll the pastry to a 20 x 30cm rectangle and place on an ovenproof tray. Score around the border of the pastry 1cm from the edge.
2. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until puffed and golden.
3. Remove from the oven. The centre may need a gentle push down at this stage. Gently spread the herb pesto on the base.
4. In a frying pan or on a barbecue, brown the courgette strips for a minute each side. Layer the courgettes on top of the pesto, covering the entire base.
5. Mix the garlic, olive oil and parmesan and spread evenly over the courgettes. Season with salt and pepper. Place back in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
6. In a bowl combine the olives, basil, garlic, lemon juice and oil.
7. Serve the tart warm with a generous spoonful of olive dressing.