TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND AND AUSTRALIA'S FINEST CHAMBER MUSIC FESTIVAL PROMOTION ('the Competition')
The Competition asks Entrants to fill in their details for the chance to win 2 x return airfares from Auckland to Townsville, 3 x nights' accommodation at Rydges Southbank Townsville, a double pass for the Festival Opening Weekend and a complimentary Festival program, signed by Artistic Director Piers Lane.
1.The Promoter is NZME Publishing Limited and Tourism Queensland.
2.By participating in this competition, entrants confirm acceptance and agreement to the terms and conditions of this competition.
3.This competition is open to New Zealand residents who are over the age of 18 years.
4.Entrants under the age of 18 years must have permission from a parent or legal guardian to enter the competition. If the winner is under 18 years of age at the closing date of the competition, the prize will be awarded to the winner's parent or legal guardian on the winner's behalf.
5.Entry is limited to one per person.
6.To be eligible for the Townsville, North Queensland Australia's Festival of Chamber Music promotion entrants must complete all fields in the entry form during the 26 May - 9 June 2017 promotional period.
7.The competition commences 26 May 2017 at 4pm and concludes on 9 June 2017 at 6pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8.Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters, their subsidiaries, related entities or agencies associated with the promotion are not eligible to participate.
9.All entries and the associated data becomes the property of the Promoters. The Promoters reserve the express right to re-use this data for further promotional communications.
10.Any personal information collected as part of this competition will be held by the Promoters in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. You have the right to access, update and correct such information.
11.One winner will be randomly selected from a list of entries on 13th June 2017.
12.The winners will be notified by email and / or phone by 16th June 2017 at 5pm.
13.If the winner has not confirmed receipt of the prize by 23 June 2017 at 5pm, the prize will be forfeited. A redraw will be done and the new winner notified by 28 June 2017 at 5pm.
14.There is one prize available consisting of:
•2 x return airfares from Auckland to Townsville
•3 nights accommodation twin share staying at Rydges Southbank Townsville
•Tickets for two to see three of the Festival's most popular concerts including Opening Night (28th July 17) , Governor's Gala and Concert Conversations with Piers Lane 1 (29th July 17)
•Total prize value estimated : $3200
15.The prize is not refundable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or foreign exchange. The prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
16.The Travel Prize must be taken as per specific dates for travel to and from event and specific event dates. No compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated.
17.Neither the Promoters nor any other person or party associated with this Competition shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered.
18.The Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers including NZME Standard Promotions or Competitions Rules.
19.The Promoters expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes or otherwise unforeseen circumstances as they deem fit and the Promoters' decisions will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoters expressly reserves the right to change or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time.
20.The decisions of the Promoters on all matters relating to this competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoters reserve the right to verify the validity of an entry or a winner's right to redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Promoters reserve the right to amend the prizes offered and these terms and conditions and in its absolute discretion cancel the competition at any time and without prior notice.
21.To the extent permitted by law, the Promoters exclude any liability it may have to you arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this competition.
22.We always recommend purchasing travel insurance. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, due to any cause beyond the control of the promoter which corrupts or affects the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the promotion may be abandoned or postponed at the unfettered discretion of the promoter.
STANDARD PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
'NZME' means all companies in the NZME Group including but not limited to NZME Holdings Limited, NZME Publishing Limited, NZME Radio Limited, GrabOne Limited and all brands and operating companies controlled by or associated with those entities.
'Disqualified Participants' are all Promoters employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families.
'Immediate Families' include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules ('the Rules') apply to all NZME Promotions or Competitions (collectively 'the Promotion') conducted on or off air and by means of any medium - online, radio, print, television, or connected device. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms ('the Specific Rules') those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and the Specific Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
6. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
7. The Promoters reserve the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
8. The Promoters reserve the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who it decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules (including the Specific Rules), gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
10. Entering the competition constitutes consent to be photographed and/or interviewed by the Promoters and for the Promoters to use his or her name and city/town of residence for publicity purposes without compensation. This includes each Promoter's website, direct and social media channels and PR.
12. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification - active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion's completion.
Winning the Prize
14. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules - if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
15. The Judge's determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Prize is not refundable, exchangeable, redeemable for cash or foreign exchange or transferable. The prize will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Unless otherwise specified in the Specific Rules, no other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner's behalf. In the event that the Prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value. Where the Prize has associated terms and conditions the Winner accepts the Prize subject to those terms and conditions and restrictions.
17. The Winner takes the Prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies the Promoters in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the Prize.
18. Where the Prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic ("the Travel Prize"):
a)the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
b)Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner).
c)Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
d)The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
e)The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and 7Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
f)All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
21. The Promoters reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
22. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Force Majeure or otherwise.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoters will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
24. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside the Promoters control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, the Promoters has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
25. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
26. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Condit
ions the prize will be forfeited.