Win a trip to NYC thanks to the Secret Life of Pets: Competition terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. To the extent of any inconsistency, the Terms below prevail. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is free and open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Employees of the Promoters, the Promoters' associated companies, the Promoters' agencies and partners associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
3. The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw this promotion or any part of this promotion should their ability to fulfill due obligations be limited at any stage by any form of technical failure.
4. To enter the promotion, entrants must provide their full name, current and valid email address, date of birth, address and phone number ("Eligible Entrants").
5. Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotional Period. The Promoters accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
6. Promotion commences at 12.00am on Saturday, 10 September 2015 and will finish at 11.59pm on Sunday, 02 October, 2016 ("Promotional Period").
7. The winner will be notified by Friday, 07 October 2016.
8. The winner will be notified by telephone or email. Inability to contact the winner by close of business by Friday, 07 October, 2016 will result in the prize being forfeited and a further draw will be conducted.
9. Prize consists of one (1) round-trip trip for two (2) adults aged eighteen (18) years or over and two (2) children up to and including the age of seventeen (17) to New York, USA as follows:
a. Return economy flights for two adults and two children (17 and under) to New York ex Auckland or Wellington
b. Return private airport transfers to Hotel in New York
c. 3 nights in a family room in one of New York's most pet friendly 4-star hotels. Choice of Hotel is at promoter's discretion.
d. A walking tour of New York's iconic monuments with a local shelter dog and expert tour guide.
e. Entrance to NYC's only cat cafe where winners will have the opportunity to interact with the many adoptable feline residents who live there (to the value of $50USD)
f. A 15 minute helicopter ride over NYC passing monuments such as the Statue of Liberty
g. Pampering in one of the city's top family spas including two 60 minute spa treatments (one per adult) to the value of $120 USD each
h. Choice of spending money up to the value of $360 NZD for winner to choose the most suitable care for their pet whilst they are away OR a top of the range high quality pet cam (to keep) that enables winners to monitor and interact with their pets via their smart phone. If prize winner does not own a pet they will be offered spending money to participate in an alternative activity of their choosing up to the value of $360 NZD.
i. Travel insurance
10. Hotel accommodations do not include breakfast or incidentals, gratuities, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip, which will be the responsibility of the winner.
11. All prize elements are subject to availability. Timings that the prize can be redeemed are subject to availability or no-redeem periods for any flights, accommodation, attractions or any other prize elements included.
12. Prize provider and promoter reserve the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as original prize subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable law.
13. All arrangements must be made via Promoters' designated fulfilment partner, Octopi Promotions Limited ("Octopi"), and bookings made independently will not be refunded. Winners must give 90 day's notice of desired dates of travel, which are subject to availability. Blackout dates (when travel cannot be taken) are from 10th December 2016 to 10" January 2017.
14. Prize must be redeemed and travel must occur between 01 October 2016 to 01 October 2017.
15. Winner and guests must travel at the same time and depart from the same airport.
16. Winner and guests must organise their own visas for this trip and any visa or passport charges are their responsibility. It is the Winner's responsibility when travelling into or through (transiting included) the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure if required. The winner must visit the US Department of Homeland Security website and fill in the required information. The cost of the ESTA is the sole responsibility of the Winner.
17. The Promoters and Octopi cannot be held responsible for the prize winner being unable to participate in the prize due to visa restrictions.
18. Winners must possess a credit card in order to check in at the hotel.
19. Travel insurance will be supplied to each winner and their companions before departure with no pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the winner and/or their companion to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition and/or for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their companion are aged 65 or over.
20. Anything not specified in these terms and conditions as being included in the prize package is excluded. In particular (but without limitation), the prize does not include: Expenses, travel insurance for activities not included in the prize, spending monies, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel prize) meals other than those stated and transfer costs other than those stated.
21. The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken for cash.
22. Winner(s) cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the prize (in whole or in part).
23. If winner is unable to fulfil prize during the stated time period, winner forfeits the prize package with no compensation or further liability of the promoter.
24. Winner and guests are responsible for any necessary vaccinations and must check with their GP before travelling that their vaccinations are up to date.
25. Octopi handles the complete fulfilment of the grand-prize holiday including all travel arrangements on the winners' behalf. Once signed booking forms are received, no changes are permitted.
26. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions stated here, on all relevant tickets and those of the participating outlets/venues.
27. The Promoters' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The winners consent to their names and submitted photos being used for public relations purposes relating to this promotion.
29. Entrants are identified by the email address used to submit the entry. Any prize won by a web entrant will be awarded to the holder of the email address (or that person's parent/guardian) from which that entry was submitted. The Promoters take no responsibility for disputes resulting from entries submitted using an email address belonging to any other person.
30. By ticking the optional box "I am happy for NZME (publishers of the New Zealand Herald) to email me information and promotions that may be of interest", entrants acknowledge that they are agreeing to receive future emailed communications from NZME.
31. By ticking the optional box "I wish to receive future email communication from Paramount Pictures' entrants acknowledge that they are agreeing to receive future emailed communications from Paramount Pictures.
32. Entrants' personal information will be stored on a database by the Promoters. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoters at the addresses set out below.
33. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
34. The Promoters take no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, Force Majeure or otherwise.
35. The Promoters makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk
36. To the fullest extent permitted by law the Promoters and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives will not be liable for any claim, loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of entry or winning any prize. If and to the extent any liability arises, the liability of the Promoters shall be several and not joint.
37. Where the Prize is to be supplied by an entity outside NZME control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, NZME has no responsibility for the provision of the Prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative Prize or to take legal action to require the Prize supplier to provide the Prize.
38. The Promoters are NZME. Limited, 2 Graham Street, Auckland, New Zealand, and Paramount Pictures NZ, PO Box 37/373, Parnell 1151, Auckland, New Zealand.