One of the men allegedly behind the Dunedin burglary of a huge weapons cache can now be named.

Scott Alexander Trotter, 39, was originally given name suppression when he appeared before the Dunedin District Court last week, but no application to extend that was made this morning.

The Dunedin man faced a number of weapons possession charges, including three military-style semi-automatic rifles with scopes and a wide variety of pistols.

Trotter would reappear in two weeks and was expected to apply for bail.

Advertisement

A 38-year-old on identical charges would appear in court next month.

The pair were also charged with possession of 25,000 rounds of ammunition and the burglary of the Maitland St property from where the firearms were allegedly stolen.

Melissa Sue Addison, 36, arrested in relation to the incident, appeared in court last week on two counts of possessing weapons, two of supplying methamphetamine and assisting a co-defendant to avoid conviction.

She had her bail bid rejected and would be back in court next month.

Police said the arrests last week concluded a month-long operation in relation to the October 25 burglary.

As part of the investigation, five homes in Dunedin and one in the Auckland area were searched. Properties Dunedin, Gore and Christchurch had also been searched in recent weeks, police said.

Police did not rule out further arrests.

Earlier this month, patched Bandidos gang member Grant Andrew Latimer, 57, appeared at the Dunedin District Court where he pleaded guilty to four counts of possessing a weapon and four of receiving, as well as possessing 2400 rounds for the firearms.

His 56-year-old co-defendant, Michael Leslie Burnard, had yet to enter pleas to charges.