Gas leak found at James Cook High School in Auckland

Firefighters were called out to a high school in Auckland this afternoon after reports of a smell of gas.

The call to James Cook High School in Manurewa came in about 1.30pm.

Fire Service shift manager Colin Underdown said a gas leak had already been isolated by the time firefighters arrived, and they were liaising with the caretaker and the principal as they awaited the arrival of the gas authority.

Underdown did not know whether students and staff had been evacuated.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf03 at 28 May 2017 11:29:20 Processing Time: 485ms