A man charged with arson after a house fire in the Dunedin suburb of Concord will apply for bail tomorrow.
The 55-year-old was due to appear in Dunedin District Court this morning but the matter was administratively adjourned until tomorrow so bail arrangements could be made.
The defendant was given interim name suppression pending that appearance.
Emergency services were called to a Mulford St address shortly before 8pm on Saturday.
Several crews fought the blaze, and police and ambulance officers were also in attendance.
Fire service shift manager Andrew Norris said when they got to the house no one was inside, but occupants had been inside earlier.
The house was extensively damaged.
Police said they were not looking for anyone else in relation to the matter.
The charge of deliberately damaging by fire "knowing danger to life was likely to ensue", is 14 years in prison.