Fire damages Timaru plastics moulding factory

A Timaru factory has been damaged after a heating unit used for plastic moulds caught fire.
A Timaru factory has been damaged after a heating unit used for plastic moulds caught fire.

A Timaru plastics factory has been damaged overnight after a heating unit used for moulds caught fire.

A Fire Service spokesman said the building was smoke-logged when four crews entered the plastics moulding premises on State Highway 1 in Timaru around 1.15am.

He said firefighters found a small fire in a heating unit used for plastic moulds and extinguished it.

The fire was not being treated as suspicious.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf04 at 23 Mar 2017 21:58:25 Processing Time: 1212ms