Lotto players might have noticed something out of the ordinary last night - when five of the eight numbers were nearly in a row.
The balls were drawn as 21, 22, 23, 24, 26 and followed by 40, with the bonus number 28 and powerball 02.
The draw saw seven lotto first division winners take home $142,857 each. The tickets were sold in Auckland, Wellington, Nelson, Greymouth, Timaru and Dunedin.
An Auckland strike player also won $600,000 after buying their ticket from Countdown, Lynfield.
Powerball was not struck, and will roll over to Wednesday night, where the jackpot will be $12 million.
The winning tickets were sold at:
• New World Green Bay, Auckland
• Porchester Rd Superette, Auckland
• Stellin St Store, Lower Hutt
• Pak N Save Richmond, Nelson
• Greymouth New World, Greymouth
• Countdown Church St, Timaru
• Gardens New World, Dunedin
Anyone who bought their tickets from those stores were advised to write their name on the back of the ticket. Players can check their tickets at a Lotto counter or on mylotto.co.nz.