A large fire has caused extensive damage to the Jack's Point Golf Course clubhouse near Queenstown.
Six appliances and about 30 firefighters attended the blaze just after 8am today.
Southern Fire Communications shift manager Brent Dunn said firefighters from the Queenstown and Frankton stations responded to the blaze at 8.13am.
They initially thought it was limited to the building's chimney, but had to call for back-up from the Arrowtown and Alexandra stations after finding it was more extensive, Mr Dunn said.
No one was injured and a fire investigator was at the scene.
The Otago Daily Times understands seven staff members were in the building when the alarm was raised.
The building houses a restaurant, golf pro shop and offices. Crews were damping the site late this morning.