NZ@Noon: Electrical fault leads to fire

By -
Add a comment
Firefighters put out a fire at the Bayfair branch of physiotherapy business Body in Motion.
Firefighters put out a fire at the Bayfair branch of physiotherapy business Body in Motion.

An electrical fault in an air conditioning unit is suspected to have caused a fire at a Bay business, and a man is hospitalised after being attacked with a skateboard in Hawke's Bay. These are just two of the stories making headlines around the regions today.

An electrical fault in an external air conditioning unit is suspected to have caused a fire that damaged the Bayfair branch of physiotherapy business Body in Motion.

A man is in hospital after being attacked with a skateboard in Napier yesterday morning.

A weekly Rotorua Farmers' Market is to operate out of the former City Focus site, which the council says will complement the city's existing markets.

Northland is riding the crest of the property wave with house values in the region's three districts ahead of the national average, according to the latest QV House Price Index.

Whanganui District Council handed a leaving employee a lump sum payment of almost $200,000 last year.

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

Have your say

1200 characters left

By and large our readers' comments are respectful and courteous. We're sure you'll fit in well.
View commenting guidelines.

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production apcf05 at 26 Sep 2016 14:57:12 Processing Time: 578ms