A man in his 60s who was injured in an electrical accident at a Christchurch fertiliser plant remains in intensive care at Middlemore Hospital.
He was flown to Auckland for treatment at Middlemore's National Burns Centre on Saturday night after the accident at the Ravensdown factory on Thursday.
The man, who was an independent contractor, had "worked at Ravensdown for a long time", chief executive Greg Campbell said.
"He's highly regarded by all who work with him."
The contractor was maintaining a circuit breaker when he suffered an electric shock.
He was rushed to Christchurch Hospital with burns to his face and body.
Five other employees were taken to hospital to check for smoke inhalation.
Mr Campbell said the company was investigating the accident in partnership with WorkSafe.
"We take health and safety seriously and we're all gutted that something like this has happened."
A spokeswoman for Middlemore Hospital said the man remained in intensive care in a serious condition.