A bottle of bleach sparked an emergency call-out at Wellington Airport today.
Passengers on board a flight had reported a chlorine-like smell inside the plane as it landed at the airport.
Emergency services rushed on to the tarmac to find a passenger had a bottle of bleach in their hand luggage - which had spilled in the overhead locker.
Major operation underway at Wellington airport. pic.twitter.com/ispOGO9RZo— Lizzie Marvelly (@LizzieMarvelly) May 21, 2016
Police and the Fire Service found the mess after a search of the affected area of plane.
Newstalk ZB sports commentator Bryan Waddle, who had just got off a plane at the airport, said passengers were told they couldn't leave via the front door while emergency services responded.