Matthew Theunissen is a business reporter

Child burned in barbecue explosion

Photo / File
Photo / File

A child has been burned after a barbecue exploded in west Auckland this afternoon.

Emergency services were called to the property on Choice Ave in Henderson at 3.34pm, Fire Service northern communications centre shift manager Daniel Nicholson said.

It was understood a gas barbecue had exploded injuring one child whose age could not be immediately confirmed.

Paramedics and firefighters were at the scene carrying out first aid on the child.

It was understood they had burns to their arms, he said.

- NZ Herald

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2017, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 23 Feb 2017 06:34:24 Processing Time: 395ms