Fire at student accommodation complex in Wellington

No one was injured in the fire. Photo / File
No one was injured in the fire. Photo / File

Firefighters battled a blaze at a student accommodation complex in central Wellington early this morning.

Twelve appliances were called to the fire at the Dixon St building at 4.20am.

Shift manager Jan Wills said when officers arrived the whole building was smoke-logged but luckily no one was injured.

It could have been a different story had it not been for the building's fire alarm which alerted Wellington Fire.

- Newstalk ZB

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter


© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf02 at 28 Oct 2016 22:51:10 Processing Time: 377ms