NZ man attacked in Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur. File photo / Thinkstock
Kuala Lumpur. File photo / Thinkstock

Do you know more? Contact the Herald here.

A New Zealand man who was attacked in Kuala Lumpur is in reportedly a stable condition in a Malaysian hospital.

According to Malaysian media the 47-year-old New Zealand tourist was slashed by a taxi driver, following an argument over a woman in a hotel room at Jalan Changkat, Bukit Bintang on Friday.

It was reported that the man, suffered from cuts on his face and neck before he managed to escape from the room and find help.

He is reported to be in a stable condition at Kuala Lumpur Hospital.

A Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman said the Ministry was aware of the hospitalisation of a New Zealander in Kuala Lumpur (KL) as a result of injuries sustained in an attack.

The said a consular representative of the New Zealand High Commission in KL had been in contact with the New Zealander to check on his welfare.

"Consular staff will continue to provide updates and advice to the family of the New Zealander.

"The family does not wish to talk to the media, and have asked that their privacy be respected."

- APNZ

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on red akl_n6 at 02 Oct 2014 01:05:30 Processing Time: 621ms