Elderly man in hospital after shirt caught fire

Photo / Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter / APN
Photo / Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter / APN

An elderly man has been seriously injured after his shirt caught fire while using a grinder in Central Hawkes Bay.

The Lowe Corporation Rescue Helicopter were called to the incident at Waipukurau, at 10am.

The 84-year-old was suffering serious burns, a helicopter spokeswoman said.

He was taken by ambulance to the Waipukurau Aerodrome where he was flown by rescue helicopter to Hawke's Bay Regional Hospital for further treatment.

- APNZ

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 24 Oct 2014 10:20:19 Processing Time: 267ms