Do you know more? Send your story, photos or video here.
Two Customs staff members have been taken to hospital after reportedly inhaling fumes at Auckland Airport's international terminal this morning.
Auckland Airport tweeted the incident had been triggered by fumes from a carpet cleaning spill.
A St John ambulance spokesman would not comment on the nature of the incident but confirmed 14 people had been assessed.
Int'l departure area at @AKL_Airport closed due to chemical fumes. Customs operating in alternative area in ltd capacity, expect delays.— New Zealand Customs (@NZ_Customs) March 4, 2014
"We've transported two with minor symptoms to hospital,'' he said.
The airport's international terminal remains open.
Chemical fumes from carpet cleaning spill has now been dealt with and declared safe for re-entry.— Auckland Airport (@AKL_Airport) March 4, 2014