Kiwi family escape from Thai apartment fire

File photo / Thinkstock
File photo / Thinkstock

A New Zealand family had to escape from a fire in their apartment in Thailand.

John Owen, 46, was asleep with his two children at the Royal Cliff Garden Resort, when a fire broke out in their apartment on the 21st floor of the building on Saturday night (NZT), news website Pattaya One reported.

The two children woke first to the apartment filling with smoke and woke their dad. As they escaped, the fire was in the kitchen area, the website reported.

Five fire trucks attended the blaze, which crews brought under control in 30 minutes.

No one was injured.

A faulty electrical appliance was thought to be the cause.

- APNZ

© Copyright 2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Assembled by: (static) on red akl_n1 at 25 Jul 2014 06:02:12 Processing Time: 657ms