A man and woman were flown to hospital yesterday after falling ill from suspected fish poisoning.
Auckland Westpac Rescue Helicopter was called to Great Barrier Island just after 3pm to attend to the man, 74 and woman, 47, who had been seen by a local doctor.
The pair started feeling unwell about 30 minutes after eating fish and were suffering from worsening food poisoning symptoms, said a helicopter spokeswoman.
It was unconfirmed whether the fish was the cause, she said.
They were flown to Auckland City Hospital in a moderate condition.