Burn victim dies in hospital

By -
File photo / Supplied
File photo / Supplied

A Northland woman has died in hospital after she was severely burnt in a gas explosion.

Nineteen-year-old Lesley Anita Wehi Jack, died in Middlemore Hospital about 7.20pm last night [tuesday] surrounded by her family.

Little more than 24 hours earlier she had returned to her Ruakaka home in Tamure Drive, where a gas explosion ignited the two-bedroom house she had moved into on Waitangi Day.

Northland specialist fire investigator Craig Bain said the explosion was a result of a faulty gas appliance in the kitchen area.

For more articles from this region, go to

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 30 Aug 2016 11:32:57 Processing Time: 505ms