Burn victim dies in hospital

By -
File photo / Supplied
File photo / Supplied

A Northland woman has died in hospital after she was severely burnt in a gas explosion.

Nineteen-year-old Lesley Anita Wehi Jack, died in Middlemore Hospital about 7.20pm last night [tuesday] surrounded by her family.

Little more than 24 hours earlier she had returned to her Ruakaka home in Tamure Drive, where a gas explosion ignited the two-bedroom house she had moved into on Waitangi Day.

Northland specialist fire investigator Craig Bain said the explosion was a result of a faulty gas appliance in the kitchen area.

For more articles from this region, go to

© Copyright 2015, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 07 Jul 2015 00:05:15 Processing Time: 575ms