Boy burned in gas bottle explosion

Photo / File
Photo / File

An 11-year-old Motueka boy suffered burns to his face and upper body when a gas bottle being used for a barbecue exploded.

The incident occurred near the Kaiteriteri Motor Camp about 8pm.

An ambulance spokeswoman said the boy suffered significant burns to his head, face, shoulders and torso

He was treated on-board the Nelson Marlborough Rescue Helicopter by an intensive care paramedic on his way to Nelson Hospital.

- APNZ

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf05 at 29 Aug 2016 03:34:35 Processing Time: 444ms