Light bulb causes small fire in Wellington building

Photo / Hana Garrett-Walker
Photo / Hana Garrett-Walker

A fire in a light bulb fitting in a central Wellington building caused the building to be evacuated and a street cordoned off this afternoon.

The Fire Service was called to the Vodafone building near Midland Park on Lambton Quay shortly after 3.30pm.

Smoke could be seen billowing from a fourth floor window.

A fire services spokesman said there was a small fire in a light bulb fitting.

No one was injured, and workers were let back into the building just before 4pm.

Police cordoned off Waring Taylor Street as four fire trucks arrived at the scene.

- APNZ

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 14 Feb 2016 05:42:13 Processing Time: 447ms