Veteran broadcaster Paul Holmes says rumours he has been given only weeks to live are "rubbish".
Holmes was responding to suggestions on a television blog that he has been diagnosed with terminal congenital heart failure.
The blogger, Regan on throng.co.nz, wrote on Wednesday he had heard a rumour Holmes "had been given only weeks to live".
The website said neither TVNZ, Q&A producer Tim Watkin or Paul Holmes' wife Deborah would talk to them about it.
Regan said Holmes appeared on current affairs show Q+A "looking and sounding rather unwell" on Sunday.
"Paul thrives on the big interviews but this time he lacked his usual energy," he wrote.
However Holmes said the rumours were "rubbish".
"Nothing is really wrong with me," Holmes told The Diary in today's Herald.
Earlier this month he was re-admitted to Hawke's Bay Hospital for observation after a bladder infection.
"The prostate cancer came back a bit and gave me a bit of a worry, but that's the extent of it. I'm fine."