Telecom XT mobile network back up and running

File photo / Kenny Rodger
File photo / Kenny Rodger

Telecom says their XT network has been restored.

On its Twitter site, Telecom told customers still without coverage to "try taking out battery/replace then restart".

Telecom's XT network crashed earlier this morning, causing customers south of Taupo to lose coverage.

Spokesman Mark Watts said the issue was not affecting any other Telecom services.

He said after "corrective action", customers would have their service restored.

Mr Watts expected the network to be up and running by 1pm and apologised for any inconvenience to customers.

Telecom last had problems with their XT network on December 14 when customers south of Taupo lost coverage.

Telecom CEO Paul Reynolds apologised and credited XT customers for charges from the previous Monday and a free weekend but only to other Telecom phones.

- NZHERALD STAFF

Get the news delivered straight to your inbox

Receive the day’s news, sport and entertainment in our daily email newsletter

SIGN UP NOW

© Copyright 2016, NZME. Publishing Limited

Assembled by: (static) on production bpcf04 at 10 Feb 2016 07:15:55 Processing Time: 421ms