Thanks to the Tuis our music industry types are getting televisual, throwing off the old grunge gear (whatever their music style) in favour of something a bit more befitting Music Awards night.
If you're not at Vector Arena tomorrow, you can still take a leaf out of their books, by putting on the glitz. Keep your look rough-edged though for some rock-star credibility.
1. Paco Rabanne Black XS Live Sound Edition eau de toilette for women $138 80ml, for men $109 100ml
Full-on Italian-style fragrances to appeal to your inner exhibitionist. These come with charm bracelets; leather for men, silver for women. (From department stores and selected pharmacies.)
2. Hugo Boss White Edition, eau de toilette $131 90ml, $96 for 40ml
Fronted by Tyson Ritter of the All-American Rejects, this is a sophisticated men's scent. Love the packaging also, but will it appeal to the band's fan base? (From department stores and selected pharmacies.)
3. Sean Jean Unforgiveable Eau Fraiche eau de toilette for women $99 125ml
This summer version of P.
Diddy's fragrance is also available for men (at same price). Like Usher's EDT it's relatively refined, especially when compared with some of the other celebrity scents out there, which let you tune in with anyone from J.Lo to Britney to Mariah. (Department stores and selected pharmacies.)
4. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs $25
Your face may be goth pale, but if you're going mini, give yourself a leg-up. This is leg makeup, rather than fake tan, so it sprays on for a good golden glow, is transfer-resistant and washes off. In four shades. (From Farmers, Kmart and selected pharmacies).
5. Poppy King Lipstick Queen Black Tie Optional $39
Sheer effect dark stain that can be worn alone or over another colour.
6. M.A.C Lipstick $40
Off-nude colour for the ideal defined base for gloss, or an intriguing matte effect with a darker eye, and M.A.C Midnight Media, one of the darkest purple black shades you'll find.
7. Lancome Irreverent Madame eye shadow quad $80
These colours from the company's New Zealand artistic director Aaron De Mey are inspired by the punk era. From pink to black, everything you'll need for an eye with impact.
8. Smashbox Reign Eye Shadow Palette in Majesty $98
Three good colours to blend: from a neutral base, through wine to smoky dark, with a hint of gleam. Best of all they come in a leather-look limited edition palette.
9. M.A.C Studio Fix $60
This cake foundation in its own black mirrored compact is perfect for touch-ups that last, providing heavy duty coverage.
10. Bobbi Brown Metallic Eye Shadow in Rockstar $52
A silver shade for sparkle that isn't tacky.
* Check out the Body Shop for inexpensive metallics in a range of colours.