Melbourne Storm league coach Craig Bellamy and chief executive Ron Gauci insist the premier-ship-winning mentor hasn't made a decision on his future.
Despite reports the former NSW Origin coach had snubbed a massive offer from NRL rivals St George Illawarra and informed the Storm of his desire to re-sign, Bellamy released a statement yesterday to reiterate his position.
Retaining Bellamy is seen as crucial to the future of the Storm, because of his work in rebuilding the club following the salary cap scandal in 2010 which threatened to tear the team apart.
The Storm were stripped of two premierships and were forced to shed players before the 2011 season, but Bellamy kept his star trio of Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk together before delivering a grand final win in 2012.
When quizzed yesterday, Gauci said there had been no signing, while Bellamy said he planned on having further discussions later in the week before making a final call on where he will coach from 2014 onwards.
"I have not given any undertaking or made any pledge to anyone," Bellamy said. "I am in constant contact with my management and with my financial and legal advisers.
"We are scheduling further discussions in the coming week.
"Hopefully, a decision is not that far off."
Star halfback Cooper Cronk said the players weren't concerned by the ongoing reports.
Cronk, who experienced similar speculation last year before he signed a new four-year deal with the Storm, said Bellamy had yet to inform the players of his plans.
Last season Cronk was strongly linked to the Gold Coast Titans and also the Dragons, who are believed to have tabled a A$5 million offer to Bellamy.
But he refused to be drawn on the reports, believing Bellamy will tell the players as soon as his mind is made up.
"I'm very comfortable with Craig's situation," Cronk said.
Bellamy has consistently said he wants to have his future settled before Melbourne sets off for the World Club Challenge against Leeds in England on February 12.