Thousands of Tasmanians have spent another anxious night in evacuation centres as bushfires burn out of control throughout the state's southeast.
Over a dozen fires - including one that destroyed some 100 homes and buildings on the Tasman Peninsula - continue to burn out of control, but all emergency warning levels had been removed by Saturday evening.
Watch and act alerts remain in place for the massive Forcett blaze, as well as a fire at Lake Repulse, north of Hobart, which has consumed almost 10,000 hectares.
A bushfire near Bicheno, on the state's east coast, was still menacing the town on Sunday, but the Tasmanian Fire Service said there was no immediate threat to the community.
Thousands remained stranded because of the fire threat, staying in evacuation centres, including at the Port Arthur historic site, on Saturday night.
Recreational and commercial vessels were used to bring in thousands of meals and other essential supplies, and to evacuate people on Friday and Saturday.
A crew of 65 Victorian firefighters is expected to arrive in Tasmania today.
Property losses on the Tasman Peninsula have been significant, with 30 per cent of the buildings in the small community of Dunalley destroyed, including the school and police station.
At Connellys Marsh, 40 per cent of the buildings are gone, along with three houses at Copping and several at Primrose Sands.
Twenty houses have been lost around Murdunna and there are reports of more at Eaglehawk Neck.
No deaths or serious injuries have been confirmed, despite conditions comparable to 1967 when 2000 homes and 62 lives were lost.
Tasmania police said evacuees who needed prescription medication could collect it from Hobart Private Hospital in the city centre.
Doctors at the hospital would issue the required scripts free of charge, police said.