Two workers were taken to hospital and later discharged, after inhaling ammonia at an ice cream factory in Auckland today.
Emergency services were called about 7.50am to the Tip Top premises in Mt Wellington after an ammonia leak.
They found the two workers suffering from ammonia inhalation, Steve Smith of the Fire Service northern communications centre said.
A Fonterra spokesman said early this afternoon that the workers had been discharged from hospital with "no health issues identified". They were expected back at work tomorrow.