Forgotten to organise a special Valentine's surprise for your significant other? Don't fret, Wellington matchmaker Rosie Bowie has some ideas that will wow your sweetheart.
While everyone loves getting roses or choccies, putting a bit more thought in into your gift can make V-Day far more meaningful and fun, Bowie says.
• Organising for the two of you to do an activity that pushes the boundaries, whether that be a Bridge Walk if you're an Aucklander and a thrill seeker or a salsa dance class for the more romantic;
• Taking an Asian cooking class or a sailing lesson together are also great bonding activities that are a bit different;
• Christchurch residents could go punting on the Avon or if you're a Wellingtonian how about a hilltop stroll?;
• If the weather put a dampener on your plan for a romantic picnic, set up one indoors.
It will be different and intimate;
• Recreating your first date to bring back (hopefully) happy, fun memories;
• Getting your hair done together, everyone loves getting a new do;
• Instead of just buying chocolates, visit a chocolate factory;
• Sending an e-invite for something special to your lover's Facebook or Instagram;
• ''Share the love'' by visiting the elderly, helping in a soup kitchen or volunteering at the SPCA, by remembering others you also help bring the best out in each other.
Or if you're single and need a matchmaker to help you find a soul mate you can always enlist Bowie's help by visiting her website.