Never leave the car without petrol, don't look through her phone or emails and avoid "liking" random women's photos on social media.
These are just three things that men should be doing to ensure their other halves are happy, according to research.
A survery of 2,000 Brits in relationships cited other ways to her heart include not being overly needy, surprising her every once in a while, seeing her as an equal in everything and even being happy to watch rubbish TV together.
• Scroll down for the full list
Other factors considered to be important is enjoying the company of your other half more than that of your friends, never forgetting birthdays or anniversaries, having a good sense of humour and getting just as excited about holidays as she does.
Of the Brits who took part in the study, 94 per cent said they have a happy relationship overall.
More than half of women (57 per cent), however, complained they don't get everything they need from their relationship.
It would seem men are happier on the whole than women, with almost half (47 per cent) of men saying their relationship is perfect while under one in three (30 per cent) of women say the same.
Three quarters of men (75 per cent) would describe their partner as their best friend in comparison to 65 per cent of women.
When it comes to romance, a high percentage (73 per cent) of women say they would ideally like more in their lives - however a slightly higher percentage (75 per cent) of men said the same.
But a subject on which both sexes agree on is the importance of shared time and experiences - with 95 per cent of both sexes believing in the saying "the couple who plays together stays together."
And having one holiday a year together, just them - was important for most couples - with 88 per cent of women said if they won a dream trip across the world they would take their partner.
Relationship expert, Tracey Cox, commented on the research: "Often it's the littlest things that make a difference to your relationship.
"Small acts of affection or meaningful gestures count for a lot but it's also important to have time away from the everyday to rekindle the romance and enjoy quality time together."
Erin Johnson, UK & Ireland Marketing Director of Carnival Cruise Line, which carried out the research, added "We understand how important it is for couples to take a break from the daily grind and enjoy some quality time together."
A fifth (21 per cent) of those who have children also mentioned that they'd love to have a bit of alone time with their other half when on holiday, especially when more than a third (36 per cent) say their kids are the most topical point of conversation - feelings and money also accounted for 59 per cent of the conversation topics.
What women really want from a partner
1. Makes you feel safe (66 per cent)
2. Completely trusts you (62 per cent)
3. Truly appreciates everything you do (59 per cent)
4. Is a good laugh (51 per cent)
5. Says 'I love you' when he feels it (50 per cent)
6. Sees you as equal in everything (47 per cent)
7. Surprises you from time to time (43 per cent)
8. Gives you space (40 per cent)
9. Tells you you're beautiful (39 per cent)
10. Never forgets birthdays or anniversaries (38 per cent)
11. Is not too needy or insecure (33 per cent)
12. Wants to be with you more than his friends (32 per cent)
13. Always cleans up after himself (32 per cent)
14. Respects your privacy (31 per cent)
15. Is a 50/50 parent (31 per cent)
16. Is happy for you to spend time with girlfriends (29 per cent)
17. Gets as excited about holidays as you do (28 per cent)
18. Always puts the bins out (28 per cent)
19. Never looks through your phone or emails (27 per cent)
20. Thinks you are the bees knees (26 per cent)
21. Makes an effort with your friends (25 per cent)
22. Laughs at your jokes (24 per cent)
23. Watches rubbish TV with you (24 per cent)
24. Doesn't check out women in the street (23 per cent)
25. Makes you coffee in the morning (22 per cent)
26. Wants sex more than once a week (22 per cent)
27. Likes your cooking better than his mums (17 per cent)
28. Loves your mum (14 per cent)
29. Doesn't 'like' random women's pictures on social media (14 per cent)
30. Never leaves the car without petrol (12 per cent)