I'm a December baby, the 19th to be precise. People always ask whether I get a combined present or one for my birthday and one from Santa. Fortunately I've received separate ones all my life.
I thought I'd encourage that trend to continue this year and publically share a "birthmas" wish list. I went along to Bloc in Mt Eden, a one-stop destination for homeware lovers, and chose two of my favourite items from each of the six stores that cohabitate over its three glorious levels.
Just remember, you only need to get me two gifts, so there are plenty of options left to buy something for yourself. After all, 'tis the season to give and receive.
1. Fluoro Red & Grey Queen Duvet - $329 from Father Rabbit. Also available in white and fluoro yellow, these lively duvets would brighten up my bedroom ten-fold.
2. Cite's Vitra HAL Dining Chair - $595 from Citta Design. I'm looking forward to dinner parties with these wee beauties around my dining table.
3. New Zealand Interior Style by LeeAnn Yare and Larnie Nicolson - $65 from Collected Packed full of home-design inspiration and tips.
4. Make Your Own Angle Lamp - $289 from Douglas + Bec
What's better than a beautiful side lamp? Being able to make your own. I can't wait.
5. Chambre Noire by Olfactive Studio - $189 from WORLD Beauty. An opulent smelling fragrance, perfect for 2014, I think.
6. Metro Footstool - $649 from Bo Concept. I love this stool, especially its screw-thread height adjustment mechanism.
7. Ash Chassis Side Table - $790 from Citta Design. Available in a variety of colours or in bigger coffee and dining table versions, I actually want the whole family suite.
8. Sophie Conran Gardening Tools - $43- $49 from Father Rabbit. Every bloke needs a stylish gardening implement or two.
9. Colourful Storage Canisters - $13-$22 from Collected. Ok, I might be on-gifting these to Mum for Christmas, but I'm tempted to keep a couple for myself too.
10. Damien Hirst Cup & Saucer Set - $395 from WORLD Beauty. Each saucer features a different Damien Hirst artwork, which reflects on to the metallic cup. Espresso cool.
11. Tivoli Model One Table Radio - $349 from Bo Concept. This Bluetooth-enabled, wooden piece of audio artwork has me salivating.
12. Low Trangle Copper Pendant Light - $390 from Douglas + Bec. I can visualise a row of these stunning handspun copper pendants over my breakfast bar right now.