• 1 x quantity vanilla pastry
• 1 cup desiccated coconut
• ¼ cup caster sugar
• 2 egg whites
• 100g dark chocolate, grated
• 650g strawberries, hulled
• 1 egg white, extra, for brushing
• 1 Tbsp white sugar
• Icing sugar, for dusting
• 1 cup cream, whipped, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to form a 30cm-diameter circle. Refrigerate dough for 10-15 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
2. Place on a large baking tray and remove the top sheet of baking paper from the dough. Place the coconut, sugar, egg whites and chocolate in a bowl and mix to combine.
3. Spread the coconut mixture over the pastry leaving a 4cm border. Top the coconut mixture with the strawberries, fold in the edges of the pastry and brush them with egg white.
4. Sprinkle the tart with white sugar and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is cooked through and golden. Dust with icing sugar and serve with the cream.