• 8 slices sourdough bread
• Olive oil, for brushing
• 1 clove garlic, halved
• 200g feta, crumbled
• 2 cups broad beans, shelled, blanched and peeled
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1. To make the gremolata, place the parsley, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
2. Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush the sourdough slices with oil. Grill the bread for 1 minute each side or until lightly charred. Rub one side of each slice of bread with the cut clove of garlic.
3. Spread each slice with feta, top with the beans and spoon over the gremolata. Serve the bruschetta with lemon wedges.
Tips and tricks
• Cooking broad beans takes a little bit of preparation, but it's worth it. Depending on the age of your beans, you'll most likely need to double-peel them. Shell the beans from their pods, and blanch them in salted boiling water for no more than 1 minute. Peel the grey skins to reveal the bright green beans, then refresh them under cold running water to halt the cooking process and retain their brilliant colour.
• Broad beans are in season in spring. When they're unavailable fresh, you can buy them frozen at most supermarkets. Thaw and use them as directed.