• 1 long green chilli, chopped
• ½ cup cashew nuts, toasted
• 4 cups coriander leaves
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 Tbsp lime juice
• ½ tsp caster sugar
• ½ cup olive oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
• 250g flat rice noodles, cooked
• 400g cooked chicken, shredded
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced, to serve
• Lime halves, to serve
1. Place the chilli, cashews, coriander, garlic, lime juice, sugar and olive oil in the bowl of a small food processor, sprinkle with salt and pepper and process to form a coarse paste.
2. Place the pesto in a bowl with the noodles and toss to combine.
3. Divide the noodles between 4 serving bowls and serve with the chicken, spring onion and lime halves.
Tips and tricks
• Pesto can be used in lots of ways, so don't feel limited by just pasta and noodles. It's perfect served as part of an antipasto plate, spooned over lamb or beef, or spread on sandwiches, wraps or pizza bases.
• Store pesto in a jar, covered with a layer of olive oil, in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
• Freeze pesto if you've made too much, or want to keep some on hand at all times.
• Spoon it into ice cube trays and when frozen, transfer the cubes to freezer bags and thaw when required.