• 125g unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups mashed banana
• 1 ¾ cups plain flour, sifted
• 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
• 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• ⅓ cup golden syrup
• Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla with in an electric mixer for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, gradually add the eggs and beat well to combine.
2. Add the banana, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and golden syrup and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture into a 26cm x 11cm lightly greased loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
3. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
+ You can freeze this cake for up to 2 months.