• 750g parsnips, peeled and chopped
• 1 onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• Sea salt and cracked black pepper
• 2 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1.5 litres chicken stock
• 3 bulbs roasted garlic
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 8 slices sourdough bread, toasted
• 100g goat's cheese, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Place the parsnip and onion on a baking tray, drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 20 minutes.
2. Drizzle with the maple syrup and cook for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Place the parsnips, onion and stock in a medium saucepan, squeeze the garlic from the skin of 2 of the bulbs and add to the saucepan. Blend until smooth.
3. Place over a high heat, stir through the sour cream and cook for 2 minutes. Squeeze the remaining garlic from the skin and stir half through the soup. Spread the sourdough with goat's cheese and top with the remaining garlic. Serve with the soup.