• 400g spaghetti
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 300g brown mushrooms, sliced
• 100g sliced flat pancetta, chopped
• Cracked black pepper
• ½ cup sour cream
• 1 ½ cups chicken stock
• ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
• 300g cavolo nero, trimmed and shredded
• Finely grated parmesan, to serve
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic, mushrooms, pancetta and pepper and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the mushrooms are golden and the pancetta is crisp. Mix the sour cream, stock and nutmeg together in a medium bowl and add to the mushroom mixture.
3. Increase the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and cavolo nero to the pan and toss to coat. Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and top with the parmesan to serve.
Tips and tricks
• Store cavolo nero in the crisper of your refrigerator, it should last for up to one week. Wash before using.
• Rehydrate dried porcini mushrooms in boiling water and add them to the pasta. You can then use the mushroom liquid in place of the stock.