• 4 brioche rolls+
• 2 Tbsp white sugar
• 25g unsalted butter, melted
• 2 medium white peaches, quartered
• 4 large scoops store-bought vanilla
• Maple syrup, to serve
1. Slice off the tops of the brioches and scoop out 2 Tbsp of the crumb to form a hollow, leaving a 1cm rim.
2. Place the sugar in a shallow dish. Brush the brioche rim with butter and press into the sugar.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the brioche, cut-side down, for 1-2 minutes or until caramelised.
4. Wipe the frying pan clean and increase the heat to high. Press the peaches, cut-side down, into the remaining sugar and cook for 30-60 seconds or until caramelised.
To serve, place the brioches on plates and top with icecream, peach and maple syrup.
+ Brioches are small sweet rolls baked in a fluted round tin giving them their unique shape. You can find them at some patisseries or bakeries. They make the ideal "cup" for the sundae.