• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 red chilli chopped
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, roughly chopped
• zest and juice of 1 lime
• cup chopped coriander
• 12 large prawns, tails left on
• 12 bamboo skewers
• 1 lime for garnish
1. In a mortar and pestle grind the sesame oil, garlic, chilli, cumin, ginger, lime and coriander together until well combined.
2. Place the prawns in a medium-sized bowl. Rub the marinade over the prawns and refrigerate until needed.
3. Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes, then thread a prawn onto each skewer.
4. Heat a barbecue or frying pan to a high heat, and cook for 1-2 minutes, turn and repeat on the other side.
5. Serve hot with a squeeze of lime.By Angela Casley