• 3 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 Tbs roughly chopped oregano leaves
• ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
• finely grated zest and juice of ½ orange
• ½ tsp flaked sea salt
• 1 Tbs lime juice
• 2 Tbs olive oil
• 4 pork chops (about 200g each)
• handful roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
• zest strips from remaining orange
• large handful salad leaves; balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
1. Use a mortar and pestle to pound the garlic, cumin seeds, oregano, chilli flakes, orange zest and salt into a thick aromatic paste. Transfer to a larger bowl and stir in the orange juice, lime juice and olive oil.
2. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Add the chops and leave to marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high. Drain the pork, reserving the marinade.
4. Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once and brushing with the marinade halfway through.
5. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and the extra orange zest and serve with salad leaves drizzled with balsamic vinegar.